November 4, 2021
Hello Fellow DeKalb County Republicans,
Election Night 2021 was epic! Americans resoundingly rejected Sleepy Joe Biden and the tone-deaf Democrat Party’s failed agenda of progressive education policies, government mandates, open borders and defunding the police. With all eyes on Virginia, Glenn Youngkin won BIG becoming the first Republican Governor since 2009. Winsome Sears became the first African American woman to be elected Lieutenant Governor and Jason Miyares became the first Latino Attorney General in the state’s history. Six House of Delegate races were flipped giving Republicans a 52R-48D seat majority in the Virginia Legislature. To top it all off, the Atlanta Braves were crowned World Series Champions breaking a 26-year curse and made the likes of Stacey Abrams and Rob Manfred eat Jim Crow 2.0. As I shared in my Tweet that went viral:
At home in Georgia, conservatives across our state also won BIG on Election Night. In particular, we had victories in Albany, Dacula, Johns Creek, Sandy Springs, Jesup, Roswell and others. In DeKalb County, we also won BIG in Tucker. Congratulations to Mayor Frank Auman on his decisive victory – proving that Kitchen-Table Politics will prevail over Pie-in-the-Sky Socialism. Read the AJC Article “Prominent Losses in Mayoral Races have Dems Rethinking Suburb Strategy”.
While we did not see all the candidate wins that we hoped for in DeKalb County, the #VoteDeKalbRed Road to Victory Program had a BIG impact delivering Real Results:
- DeKalb County overall had 13.31% of its voters participate in its’ Municipal Elections in 2021 vs. 11.1% in 2019
- Brookhaven District 2 turnout increased from 14.4% in 2017 to 25.86% in 2021
- Brookhaven District 4 turnout increased from 11.7% in 2017 to 13.95% in 2021
- Dunwoody City Council District 2 turnout increased from 17.4% in 2017 to 21.23% in 2021
- Dunwoody City Council District 3 turnout increased from 18.3% in 2017 to 20.02% in 2021
- Turnout in the Tucker Mayoral Race went from 18% in 2016 to 27% in 2021
- Tucker had an average increase of 9-12% in turnout amongst all registered voters for its’ municipal seats since the city’s incorporation in 2016.
ROBUST Implementation of a Get-Out-The-Vote (GOTV) infrastructure and Communications Program
- Sent over 16,000 texts to registered DeKalb Voters to vote on November 2 and to vote NO on ESPLOST
- Nearly 1,000 Doors Knocked using Campaign Sidekick and many hundreds more knocked using printed voter data from GOP Data Center
- Cut over 50 Walk Books across 24 Precincts in Brookhaven, Chamblee, Tucker, Doraville, Dunwoody, Decatur, and Stone Mountain
- Fielded over 50 emails and calls from DeKalb residents asking how or where to vote as well as for assistance with getting to the polls
REENERGIZE the VOTER Base Through Empowered Grassroots Volunteers and Engagement
Utilizing GOP Data Center to canvas and register voters:
- Tucker – 8 People
- Brookhaven – 6 people
- Chamblee & Dunwoody – 5 People
RESTORE FITness – Faith, Integrity & Trust in our Elections.
- Received 15 Incident Reports from Poll Watchers and were able to make active changes to discrepancies in the ballots, including a candidate whose name wasn’t bolded on the ballot but his opponent was
- Had Poll Watchers at precincts in Brookhaven, Tucker, Chamblee, Dunwoody and Decatur on Election Day, as well as Brookhaven, Dunwoody, Tucker & Decatur for Early Voting.
- Our poll watchers rated their experience 4.15/5 on the basis of 20 completed surveys
Let’s congratulate Virginia, our candidates at home, and the Atlanta Braves! Let’s keep our #VoteDeKalbRed momentum going so that can we keep Georgia RED in 2022 and beyond. If you have $5 or even $10 to spare, your support ensures we have an infrastructure to make winning possible.
In twelve short months we are going to deliver a decisive Republican victory across the state of Georgia. Let’s Go Brandon!
With Best Regards,
DeKalb GOP Chairman