March 11, 2024

Georgia’s early voting period ended last Friday with more than 440,000 voters casting ballots in person or by mail, a nearly 65% decrease from the same time in the COVID-delayed 2020 primary. Almost 25,000 Georgians, 6% of all early voters, sent an absentee ballot by mail while more than 415,000 — the remaining 94% — cast their ballot in person at the polls.

While there were dramatically more Republican ballots than Democratic ballots cast this year, both parties saw sharp drops in early voting participation. Around 620,000 voters who chose a Democratic ballot in 2020 during advanced voting have not voted yet in this primary. Among Republicans, that number is 540,000.  Each party has also attracted voters who did not participate in the 2020 primary. Among those voters, 120,000 chose Republican ballots and 49,000 chose Democratic ballots. In DeKalb County, there are 573,386 Registered Voters – and as of March 8, 2024, there are 497,710 Active Voters28,643 ballots have been cast with 21,984 being Democrat – and only 6,658 being Republican.  If we are going to #VoteDeKalbRed than we have to VOTE REPUBLICAN.  Remember in our party’s name is
I CAN.  Meaning WE CAN and WE WILL get out to vote on Election Day. This is how WE WIN!

I am also pleased to invite you to the Fulton GOP and DeKalb GOP Presidential Primary Watch Party featuring a Meet & Greet with our joint candidate Robert McNeily (HD52).  Invitation is below and register here:

Finally, be sure to tune into the John Fredericks Radio Show during the 8 AM -10 AM EST timeframe from Tuesday to Thursday as I will be co-hosting the show with the Peach Crew – and several of our candidates to include Furquan Stafford (SD10), Amelia Samomua (SD40), Jeff Newlin (Sd41), Barry Zisholtz (HD88) will be interviewed with more to be announced!

Marci McCarthy, Chairman
DeKalb County Republican Party
chairman@dekalbgop.org

Scroll to Top